You know what takes courage? Looking at your weaknesses, then sketching out a path forward to wellness. Led by her well-intentioned sister Pooche, Belle sat down to chat with Amber (a good friend) about her complicated relationship with type 2 diabetes. As a person with type 1 diabetes, it stands as a fresh look at life with type 2 diabetes, helping us all understand each other a little better.
We’re excited to keep the episodes coming and could use your help. Check out the PayPal link below if you’d like to chip in a few bucks.
To support the show and our sponsor, while also snagging some test strips, especially if you’re tired of buying Relions at Walmart, and questioning their accuracy (been there), follow the link below to GoodGlucos:
- Love, like and share our social media links! Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Instagram.
- Look out for our next happy hour in OKC on August 24th at Oak and Ore
- Would you like to share your story? How do you live your creative, real life with the diabetes? Scope out what we look for in a guest post HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your holiday goodies. You can bookmark it to make it easier for future shopping.
- We have a new partner – Myabetic.com. Check out their killer gear and if you use the code DDG you score a discount.
- Note on a1c (Amber was close): <5.7 is normal, >5.7 and <6.5 is prediabetes, and >6.5 is a diabetes diagnosis
- Historically, hypertension (not diabetes) has been termed the “silent killer”, due to most folk’s not feeling high blood pressures