Diabetes is rough right? Even with a CGM and around the clock basal insulin from a pump, most days are still a grind! But staggeringly, across the globe insulin prices are accounting for up to 40% of monthly expenses, and people are walking 100 miles to get a prescription. Elizabeth Rowley, founder of T1International, is digging deep to gain awareness to the disparities in care and often inadequate access to standards in daily management, like strips and insulin. They campaign for systemic change that not only meets daily needs, but aims to solve the underlying issues in healthcare. If you’d ever like more information on the subject of diabetes across the globe, they are the knowledge hub.
We enjoyed the conversation with Elizabeth, challenging us to open our eyes to the diabetes experience outside of the US.
- Do you or someone you know have diabetes? Would you like to share your story? We want to hear how you’ve lived your real life with the disease! Scope out what we look for in a guest post HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your holiday goodies. You can bookmark it to make it easier for future shopping.
- We’re working on our next Ask Us Anything episode so drop us a question via the SpeakPipe link in the right side of your screen.
- Like, click or comment on what we’re up to via social media.
- They are the web that connects people with resources.
- They strive to focus on advocacy.
- Insulin and diabetes supplies SURVEY.
- By spreading the word via sharing on social media.
- Sign the charter
- Check out the advocacy one on one kit comes out soon. Be sure to check the site often.
Cheers to the highs and lows everyone.
We’re excited to keep the episodes coming and could use your help. We would be forever grateful if you were able to throw a little change our way via the PayPal link below.