We love realness. Much of type 1 diabetes marketing revolves around this idea of, “Hey, Nick Jonas is super cool and all people with type 1 can sing and dance!”. Don’t get us wrong, we love Nick Jonas and obviously he has struggles too. But, what about just a couple of normal bros who have diabetes, their journey, and how they’re changing diabetes lives in the real world? That’s the story we tell today, with Chris “Pick” Pickering from the TheBetesBros. (On Instagram or Twitter @TheBetesBros)
Whether it’s education in schools, one-on-one counseling, or challenges with athletes out in the community, Chris is taking his own experience and helping people feel what it’s like to have diabetes. We love that impact, and you’ll love his stories!
To support the show and our sponsor, while also snagging some test strips, especially if you’re tired of buying Relions at Walmart, and questioning their accuracy (been there), follow the link below to GoodGlucos:
- Look out for our next happy hour in OKC around the beginning of August!
- Would you like to share your story? How do you live your creative, real life with the diabetes? Scope out what we look for in a guest post HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your holiday goodies. You can bookmark it to make it easier for future shopping.
- We have a new partner – Myabetic.com. Check out their killer gear and if you use the code DDG you score a discount.
- Lynn research institute
- Camp Blue Hawk
- Diabetes Solutions
- Camp No-Hi Lo
- Amber’s post on LSD vs Diabetes
- The Diabetes Dude
- The Betes Babes
- Link to the podcast with Ryan’s parents, episode 5
- Previous podcasts referenced:
- Please let us know if you want us to chat about a particular topic or bring on a particular guest… Shoot us an email (email@example.com).
- We would LOVE an iTunes review. It helps us immensely! Start HERE.
- We’re excited to keep the episodes coming and could use your help. Check out the PayPal link below if you’d like to chip in a few bucks.