The DDG invested a weekend afternoon to dispel a diabetes urban legend… HOT TUBS, and their effect on blood sugar. In this episode, they do scientific research, or something resembling the scientific method, while rambling about everyday life, social media and all things diabetes. Why hasn’t there been an experiment like this before? Well, maybe there has been, but the evidence was nowhere to be found. Leave it to the DDG to get to the bottom of this T1D fear. Bear witness folks, this is diabetes research history.
- Do you or someone you know have diabetes? Would you like to share your story? We want to hear how you’ve lived your real life with the disease! Scope out what we look for in a guest blog HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping. Isn’t it almost time for back to school shopping???? No, but everyone needs a slip and slide.
- Yes, someone has researched this topic. Yes, we tried to find as many links as possible to legitimate research. Here’s a list of the research and the findings:
- 1st Ever LIVE Diabetes Related Hot Tub Podcast.
- Ryan rambles about a conversation with Dr. Kevin of Type1Strong.com — a T1D clothing company –about his theory on the effects of the hot tub on BGs.
- Amber shares her run in with diabetes complications – Retinopathy Has Left The Building (For Now Any Way)
- We’re totally digging OutofSightCases.com and YOU get a discount.
- Just enter REALLIFE2 at checkout for free shipping.
- PSA: Tell your friends about how to give a glucagon shot.
- Amber & Ryan have VERY different styles of storing their testers.
Please note Amber’s clean, organized Contour set up.
- Ryan crashed at Amber’s pad and scored a few Clif Shot Bloks so she wouldn’t find him wandering the halls of her home.
- Amber’s headed to MasterLab thanks to a wicked scholarship from the Diabetes Hands Foundation and Lilly Diabetes.
- Just in case you missed it – we came up with a respectable title for Amber & Jean’s (culinary partners in crime) recipe. Overcoming My Carb Counting Fears With Veggie Curry Recipe
- We LOVE receiving SpeakPipe messages for the Ask Us Anything episodes. We record a new episode once we score five new messages. GET ON IT!
- Here’s the LINK to our last episode.
- Theme Song: We hope you enjoyed the acoustic version of our NEW theme song. Check out the live version on this Youtube link. We’re considering listing the jam on iTunes. Think we should? Let us know!
- Join the iTunes Review Contest right here.
Scene for the podcast:
Friendly Reminder – Each and every one of us is a #walkingscienceproject. Please join us on the journey of carb counting while living the real life.