Listening to someone give advice, you can usually tell the level of authenticity behind the statements. When chatting with Dr. Stephen Ponder, there’s no question about authenticity–this sugar surfing wisdom is a part of his being. Growing up with type 1 diabetes (for 50 years), becoming a CDE (certified diabetes educator) and then a pediatric endocrinologist, passion fuels a life committed to inspiring people with diabetes to live a normal, possibly extraordinary life.
The sum of this wisdom, in words, can be located in the sixth edition of his book Sugar Surfing (a must-read for anyone looking to jump a level in diabetes management). Before his speaking engagement at Saturday Solutions by DSOK (hosted in part by Kim Boaz-Wilson, podcast 38 guest), Dr. Ponder dropped in with Amber and Ryan for a 3o minute conversation about the surfing revolution, grape juice, and MDI power.
The simplest way to follow Dr. Ponder: SugarSurfing.com
A link to Dr. Ponder’s BOOK, Sugar Surfing
- WHAT’S UP – We’re hosting our next Real Life Diabetes Happy Hour.
- Would you like to share your story? How do you live your creative, real life with the diabetes? Scope out what we look for in a guest post HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your holiday goodies. You can bookmark it to make it easier for future shopping.
- We have a new partner – Myabetic.com. Check out their killer gear and if you use the code DDG you score a discount.
- Quick plug for King William Manor in San Antonio. It’s a great place to stay and they know about life with T1D – witnessing Amber in all of her diabetes glory.
- Dr. Ponder is the Medical Director of Lions Camp, a diabetes camp for kiddos.
- Dr. Ponder enlightens us about a “pump runaway”.
- Pump therapy in the 70’s and 80’s was like the Wild West.
- Static and dynamic elements to managing your diabetes.
- Hypoglycemia can represent itself differently for everyone – bio feedback tool.
- Diabetes skills are practicable. You HAVE to practice.
- Please let us know if you want us to chat about a particular topic or bring on a particular guest… Shoot us an email.
- We would LOVE an iTunes review. It helps us immensely!
- We’re excited to keep the episodes coming and could use your help. Check out the PayPal link below if you’re interested!
Cheers to the highs and lows everyone.