Amber and Ryan sweet talked past guest, fellow T1D, and long-time diabetes camp enthusiast, Kelly McKeever, into joining a summer edition of the show. Kelly’s had 13+ years at camp and shares what keeps him coming back, now in a medical personnel role. In this episode they catch up on life with diabetes, cutting edge developments in diabetes tech, the camp life experience, what we learned about ourselves, and the value of having “a diabetes community in person”.
- Do you or someone you know have diabetes? Would you like to share your story? We want to hear how you’ve lived your real life with the disease! Scope out what we look for in a guest blog HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your back to school purchases.
- Congrats – Kelly McKeever is finally a CDE!
- Last time Kelly joined us, we launched Podcast 12: The Guide To Surviving The Holiday Gauntlet.
- Ryan and Kelly both sport Medtronic Pumps
- Amber shares her recent fascination with Omnipod.
- Did you know that Theresa May, the recently elected U.K. prime minister, is on the T1D team. Ryan did not, surprise.
- Shout out to our man Jay Cutler, holding down the NFL T1D fort
- Will you please send us a photo of you smiling?
- Make sure you pump time zones are correct so you’re not bolusing at random hours…
- Amber shares her recent Lantus double dosing fiasco days after posting, Unintentionally Sleep Walking Through My Diabetes Management.
- Camp Endres as a part of Diabetes Solutions of Oklahoma
- Scholarships are available. You can donate/send a kid to camp HERE.
- Camp Blue Hawk – Harold Hamm Diabetes Center
- Kiddos attend for free because of amazing donors and grants. Check out how you can help out HERE.
- JDRF Mentor program
- We adore the The Determined Daddies site. Check out this little guy sharing how he changes his pump site.
- Camp Facebook links
- Camp Cheer Off Challenge
- Have an idea for a solid T1D summer camp cheer? Shoot us a comment.
- Feel free to stalk Kelly on Twitter, @wkmckeever
Cheers to the highs and lows everyone.