Finally, the most welcoming force in all of the Diabetes Online Community joined the show: Scott Johnson. If you’ve ever composed an article about diabetes, odds are, Scott has given you praise. As one of the founding members of the diabetes blogging world, Scott has watched the DOC bloom into a world that hosts 1000s of posts per year, and he couldn’t be more proud. He’s honest, approachable, and has done a lot of diabetes introspection over the years. Amber labeled him the “most huggable” person of the DOC. You’ll soon understand after listening.
Currently, he is Communications Lead, USA for mySugr and Patient Pathways Lead in the Diabetes Division of Delta Project Management. He manages a long-standing and award-winning blog “Scott’s Diabetes” that reaches hundreds of thousands of people annually. Scott is also a member of the Children with Diabetes faculty where he develops educational curriculums and content for the Friends for Life annual conference and regional events. He is on the Board of Directors for the Diabetes Community Advocacy Foundation, served on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for the Diabetes Hands Foundation, and was a founding member of Partnering for Diabetes Change, a coalition of people living with diabetes and industry representatives working to support underserved communities. He is interested in how these types of interactions including peer-to-peer support impact patient outcomes and routinely presents his work.
Connect with Scott online:
We’re excited to keep the episodes coming and could use your help. Check out the PayPal link below if you’d like to chip in a few bucks.
To support the show and our sponsor, while also snagging some test strips, especially if you’re tired of buying Relions at Walmart, and questioning their accuracy (been there), follow the link below to GoodGlucos:
- Love, like and share our social media links! Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Instagram.
- Would you like to share your story? How do you live your creative, real life with the diabetes? Scope out what we look for in a guest post HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your holiday goodies. You can bookmark it to make it easier for future shopping.
- We have a new partner – Myabetic.com. Check out their killer gear and if you use the code DDG you score a discount.
- Antidote, a clinical trials search that brings custom fit trials to you