Over drinks with T1D friends one night, T1D Exposed founders, Kat and Tara, discussed fundraising ideas to support their beloved diabetes camp (where they had met the summer before), and other amazing diabetes non-profits. They laughed about how ridiculous it would be to start a T1D nude calendar… Well, in the time since its inception, The Nude Diabetes Advocacy Project has blown up! Tara allowed the DDG crew to probe her on the awkwardness of the shots, the beauty in the scars, and… the possibility of Ryan and Amber flying out to San Francisco for a shoot!
This week’s episode was made possible by TrialReach.com. They are changing the paradigm of diabetes clinical trials. In minutes, they connect you with diabetes trials in your neighborhood… or 100 miles away! To see it happen for yourself (and possibly get hooked up in a trial), click through the box below.
- Everyone needs a “nude” calendar. Check out T1D Exposed to order your own. Whether you hang it at the office by your desk is up to you. We’ll talk to your boss.
- T1D Exposed does their thing (very well we might add) on Twitter and Instagram at @T1DExposed.
- We’ve decided to hedge the bet (Ryan and Amber going to SF to pose for next year’s calendar) on the season series between the Warriors and the Thunder. Mark you calendars for Feb 27 and Mar 3. OKC’s already lost the first. Clothes might be coming off.
- If you liked the banjo and beat of that hot jam during the show, it comes courtesy of the Turnpike Troubadours (our resident favorite Oklahoma red dirt, Waylon Jenningsesque band). You can download the song (Gin, Smoke, and Lies) HERE.
- Dying to hear our theme song by Mike Hosty in its full form? Sorry, to hear about the predicament but we can offer the Youtube link.