We love this guy! Mike Hoskins, in our mind, is one of the bonafide leaders of the diabetes online community and was the perfect guest to launch the show into 2016. His perspectives over at DiabetesMine.com have always caught our eye, especially his honest takes on real life. Most recently, he published some high quality, scientific method driven (okay, it’s not perfect research) on the effect of varying beers on his blood sugar. We delved into the state of the DOC and his takes on Medtronic’s new Enlite system. As always, we kept it casual and laughed a lot.
Announcements as we start up 2016:
- It’s been a year, feel free to record your questions via our SpeakPipe button on the outer right side of our website. We’ll feed those questions to past guests or answer them ourselves, then give the answers back on the next show.
- Don’t forget about the iTunes review of the week coming up at the conclusion of the today’s show. It’s so worth it. Especially if you’re the one winning a shirt! Maybe it’s you… probably not you if you didn’t leave a review.
- We love connecting. We love talking about anything. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, wherever. @DiabetesGrind
- Here’s Mike’s post on the Great Beer Experiment
- Mike mentions Ryan’s post on beer: What I Think About When I Have One Beer
- DiabetesMine.com LINK to the mother load of all things diabetes community
Nothing like a few healthy snacks to keep you going during the podcast.