Don’t they always say that Instagram brings people together? Actually, no, we’ve never heard anybody say that, but the rule applies when you’re vegan and have type 1 diabetes. Amy McKinnon, an Aussie originally, quit her job a few months back to explore the world, traveling the likes of Cuba, Peru, Mexico, and Ecuador. She and Ryan “met” on Instagram, probably while admiring each other’s photos of papaya or something strange of the sort. She too has felt the transformative power of a plant-based diet and joined us to share her own experiences with a vegan lifestyle. For fun—and honestly we mean this—she loves to go for casual 10 mile jogs. If you’ve ever been intrigued with the marathon running life but aren’t sure how to get started, she’ll tell us how to make it happen.
- Her Instagram is awesome! We are exploring South America vicariously, by refreshing her stream every 6 minutes. Check her out (@VegAmy) on Instagram.
- For more information on the guttsiest fundraiser we can recall, visit 1BloodyDrop.com. These people are for real raising awareness! They’d love to have you join them for a run!
- Amy’s vegan, Instagram homies – @mindfuldiabeticrobby & @mangomannutrition.
- Documentaries you might want to check out, regardless of whether you plan to adopt the plant-based gig:
- Cookbooks to inspire your new vegan, culinary adventures.
- Link to Amy’s first article on the DDG: Type 1 Transformation: My Journey From Ignorance To Full Embrace
- Link to Amy’s second article on the DDG: What It Takes To Finish 26.2
- We hope you enjoyed the acoustic version of our NEW theme song. Check out the live version on this Youtube link.
- Join the iTunes Review Contest right here.