Diabetes is the best thing that ever happened to us. This guy, Ideen Tabatabai, lives out that mantra, and diabetes continues to shape his path as he exits medical school. Alongside Ryan, they explore the subtle, and not so subtle, ways that diabetes shaped their medical school experience, oftentimes in absurd, hilarious ways. Ideen is a 4th year medical student at the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine in Oklahoma City. He’s been living with T1D for 18 years, with Dad and brother as fellow folks with diabetes. He plans to specialize in pediatrics, and to further sub-specialize in pediatric endocrinology (takes one to know one). We can’t wait to follow his path.
- Would you like to share your story? How do you live your creative, real life with the diabetes? Scope out what we look for in a guest post HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your holiday goodies. You can bookmark it to make it easier for future shopping.
- Podcast 7: First Person Language, Low Carb vs. High Carb Diets, Skinny Pants Syndrome and Closing The Loop
- Podcast 12: How To Survive The Holiday Gauntlet
- Podcast 28: The Proof’s In The Sugar-Free Pudding: Diabetes Camp Changes Lives
- Begin this process at least 6 MONTHS in advance
- Well worth it when you have to dedicate long periods of time for a standardized exam (GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.)
- TrialNet helped diagnose Ideen’s little bro.
Please let us know if you want us to chat about a particular topic for bring on a guest… Shoot us an email.
We would LOVE an iTunes review. It helps us immensely!
We’re excited to keep the episodes coming and could use your help. Check out the PayPal link below if you’re interested!
Cheers to the highs and lows everyone.