The DDG hit the road and headed to Kansas for the Live Well Diabetes EXPO. We had less than 24 hours to spread the DDG love to the people of Wichita. Along the way, we picked up a few stories from folks in the great plains area who are living the real life – diabetes style. In this episode we share our take aways and life philosophies from our time with SO many fellow PWDs and their families.
- Do you or someone you know have diabetes? Would you like to share your story? We want to hear how you’ve lived your real life with the disease! Scope out what we look for in a guest post HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your Halloween purchases.
Like, click or comment on what we’re up to via our social media streams.
- It’s all about the hashtags. Be sure to check out and share, #dpodcast and #NationalDiabetesMonth.
- What does National Diabetes Month mean to you? We’d love to hear your thoughts on this campaign.
- Check out, JDRF #diabeteslookslikeme, to see your numbers.
- We’re so excited to hear about the Freestyle Libre – the future of testing. We’re crossing our fingers it will be available in the U.S. sooner than later.
- We were pleasantly surprised my the number of attendees at the Live Well Diabetes EXPO in Wichita, KS. They’re doing great things for the Kansas diabetes community.
- Shout out to Dempsey Burger Pub for their killer quiona burger.
- A theme emerged, sparking a lively discussion about carb counting. Amber counts carbs, Ryan looks at a food and sees it as units of insulin. Are you carb counting or pattern recognizing? We would LOVE to hear from you.
- Another, well deserved shout out to Rev Run and Novo Nordisk, Ask.Screen.Know campaign. Amber quoted his words of wisdom from Podcast #24 someone who was pre-diabetes.
- No finger pointing, let’s inspire folks to live their best life through our own practices and actions.
- Dr. Stephen Ponder, author and guru of Sugar Surfing, was in the house. Future podcast with this fellow T1D coming soon…
- The day has finally come – Amber shares her fears of her first CGM trial.
- Ryan is ready for the POD!
- Take Away = It’s not about cutting things out, but replacing them or at least the mindset.
We’re excited to keep the episodes coming and could use your help. We would be forever grateful if you were able to throw a little change our way via the PayPal link below.