Riding 800 carbs of fruit to steady glucose control? Huh? Robby Barbaro (a person with type 1 diabetes) joins the podcast from Santa Monica to bust paradigms by introducing the high-carb, low-fat philosophy to revolutionize type 2… and type 1 diabetes management. Currently, Robby is a plant-based diabetes coach: hosting retreats, 1-on-1 coaching sessions, and blogging from MindfulDiabetic.com. If you, like us, have always been curious about the mysteries of insulin resistance, this is the avenue to enlightenment. We laughed, we learned, and we left inspired to push the boundaries of our perceived diabetes knowledge. He walks the walk and talks the talk.
- Podcast 19: Venturing Into Uncharted Vegan Territory & Lower Insulin Levels
- Plant based vs. the Ketosis Diet.
- Check out Dr. Bernstein’s book, Diabetes Solutions.
- You can measure insulin resistance for a T1D by the total amount of carbs/total units of insulin you take per day.
- It’s not about the carbs, it about the type of carb.
- Robby loves Forks Over Knives as much as we do.
- A low fat, plant based diet can be affordable. Check out Jeff Novick.
- You can check out Robby on social media.