So I was recently at Ryan’s home and all of the sudden he mentions his pump site was ripped out while getting comfortable on the couch. My immediate thought,“that has got to be painful!” He heads to the restroom and inserts a new one. I was amazed by how quickly he made it happen while talking to me in the living room. He made it seem effortless.
I’ve been against the idea of a pump for quite some time and feel I need to justify my lack of excitement for a device that has changed the lives so many T1Ds. When considering switching over, a number of scenarios keep me from taking the plunge.
- Where do I put it if I am wearing a dress?
- Is it attached to my Spanx or thong underwear?
- What if I go commando?
- Where would I put it if I want to walk around the house naked for the day?
- If I want to have “wild” sex, do I have to keep moving it? I laugh at this statement because I’m not really sure what I mean by wild.
- I hate it when my headphones get in the way when I jog. Would I constantly be irritated with a similar wire attached to me at all times?