Welcome to the 10th episode of Real Life Diabetes Podcast with guest Tonya Cameron – She’s a dear friend and mentor of Amber’s from her days of slinging pasta and chatting at Joe’s Taverna in Norman, OK. Tonya is a full time registered nurse, certified mirco-pigmentologist, lover of all things flora and fauna and a professional student according to her mother. Passionately devoted to a healthy lifestyle, her value in an Integrative Medicine Clinic is unquestioned. This gal can talk kale smoothies, load an IV, or give a botox injection while blowing your mind with her wealth of knowledge and opinions on all things health transformation. She’s the perfect DDG guest!
- Integrative Medical Treatment – diet, supplements, IVs, adjunct therapy, amino acid complex
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine – Retinopathy
- Probiotics – Helps with gut biome
- Multivitamin – Douglas Labratories
- Eating dead food
- Sugar Addiction
- Glycemic Index – The glycemic index, or GI, measures how a carbohydrate-containing food raises blood glucose. – American Diabetes Association
Tonya embodies health – she shares a few thoughts.
- Knowledge is Power
- Have conversations with farmers about the process
- No one is a super hero, just do your best.
Glucose Tablets – Must HAVE.
The Power of Food
Amber: What would you tell someone who is interested in upping their game at the grocery store?
- Check out what’s in season
- Load up on nutrient foods
- You’ve done your research…
- Diversity in your food choices
- Love to hear from T1D’s who have used this supplement
- Omega 3
- Vitamin D3
- Kyolic – aged garlic
- Bitter Melon Extract – Here’s some very non-conclusive research supporting a possible fat oxidation function
* Goal of supplement use: Prevent complications, limit inflammation and increase blood flow.
Check out the post about diabeetus.