What’s the recipe for innovation? Funny you ask, we were thinking it went a little like this: timing, drive, wit, guts, luck, and a type 1 diabetes diagnosis. At least in Amy Tenderich’s story, all of those factors came together magically when she received her diagnosis in 2003.
The DDG was pumped to have a trailblazer (who isn’t done lighting paths) on the show to discuss DiabetesMine’s story, her own experiences, and where we might be headed as a community.
- Take a listen to the full DDG theme song by Mike Hosty, HERE. or check out the live version on this Youtube link
- Amy’s post on her recent trip over to VEGAS.
- Glucose Tabs provide fast acting carbs… Here’s a link to Ryan’s favorite flavor!
- Shout out to Scott Johnson for being a pioneer in the #DOC.
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Alliance Health Network
- Diabetic Connect
- Ryan’s shares his thoughts about the advancements in T1D technology in The Long Way Back To Believing In Research.
- As Amy mentioned, she has dealt with Celiac Disease in addition to T1D. Actually, they’re a fairly common combo. Check out the symptoms HERE.
- Do you or someone you know have type 1 diabetes? You should check out TrialNet, an international network of researchers who are exploring ways to prevent, delay and reverse the progression of type 1 diabetes.