What’s the recipe for innovation? Funny you ask, we were thinking it went a little like this: timing, drive, wit, guts, luck, and a type 1 diabetes diagnosis. At least in Amy Tenderich’s story, all of those factors came together magically when she received her diagnosis in 2003.
Now a popular hashtag (#dblog) and convenient way to track the DOC (diabetes online community), dblogging needed its start. Amy pioneered dblogging. She launched DiabetesMine.com, an incredible patient resource for anyone interested in anything diabetes, with a journalistic slant. We love their honesty and connection, plus their interpretations of the latest diabetes research.
The DDG was pumped to have a trailblazer (who isn’t done lighting paths) on the show to discuss DiabetesMine’s story, her own experiences, and where we might be headed as a community.
- Take a listen to the full DDG theme song by Mike Hosty, HERE. or check out the live version on this Youtube link
- Amy’s post on her recent trip over to VEGAS.
- Glucose Tabs provide fast acting carbs… Here’s a link to Ryan’s favorite flavor!
- Shout out to Scott Johnson for being a pioneer in the #DOC.
- Joslin Diabetes Center
- Alliance Health Network
- Diabetic Connect
- Ryan’s shares his thoughts about the advancements in T1D technology in The Long Way Back To Believing In Research.
- As Amy mentioned, she has dealt with Celiac Disease in addition to T1D. Actually, they’re a fairly common combo. Check out the symptoms HERE.
- Do you or someone you know have type 1 diabetes? You should check out TrialNet, an international network of researchers who are exploring ways to prevent, delay and reverse the progression of type 1 diabetes.