As someone who uses MDI therapy to manage my Type 1 diabetes, it was a no brainer to jump on this episode. On May 10th, 2021, the FDA gave clearance for the first-of-its-kind smart pen caps for insulin pens used to treat Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. Good things are happening in the diabetes community and this is just the beginning.
Chief Marketing Officer
Like many of his Bigfoot colleagues, he has personal family connections to T1D and has served the diabetes community as an International Board Member, Chancellor and Director Emeritus of JDRF. Prior to Bigfoot, Red served as Chief Marketing Officer of AvidXchange, a Charlotte based FinTech “unicorn.” Red has also filled the Chief Marketing Officer role for the SilkRoad Equity family of companies in the HRTech and Public Safety sectors. As President and founder of two branding agencies, Red developed major brand introductions and web properties for Hanes, Duke Energy, Sara Lee, Wrangler, and Clear Channel. He lectures at the Wake Forest University School of Business and served on its Executive Board.
Dr. Jim Malone
Chief Medical Officer
Dr. Malone is a diabetologist with 12 years in clinical practice and more than 20 years in clinical research at Eli Lilly & Company, where he developed diabetes products and delivery devices. At Bigfoot Biomedical he leads the clinical and medical affairs teams and is an integral part of shaping the company’s holistic approach to managing diabetes care to lessen the burden for both patients and health care providers. Dr. Malone has been a long-time volunteer for the American Diabetes Association, where he served as President of the Indiana Affiliate, and was on the ADA diabetes camp medical staff for 25 years. He also volunteers for JDRF, serving on the Board of Directors for the Indiana Affiliate and is currently the Board President.
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at [email protected].
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest