Well, we warned you and now it’s time to share another episode of “Ask Us Anything“. In this episode, we received stellar questions from #DOC royalty and some brave souls who were kind enough to leave us a SpeakPipe message. Amber & Ryan share their deepest thoughts, not advice on diabetes complications, drinking bourbon, carb guessing in uncharted territory and how to encourage a “friend” to make healthier food choices. We’re keeping it real and sharing some laughs. Hope you enjoy the show.
- Do you or someone you know have diabetes? Would you like to share your story? We want to hear how you’ve lived your real life with the disease! Scope out what we look for in a guest blog HERE!
- There’s nothing like hearing from the #DOC. We’re honored fellow T1D Grinders drop us a line. If you’re not familiar with these names – click on their names because they’re worth checking out.
- Changing unhealthy eating habits
- Dr. Oz – “People don’t change because of what they know, people change based on how they feel”.
- Michael Pollan –
- Counting Carbs
- On this counting carbs thing, we talked about it extensively in the last episode with Amy McKinnon (@vegamy).
- The Loaded Bowl vegan food truck – item in question. What’s your carb count for this delicious portion of vegan mac & cheese? It’s dope!!!! Look for their truck around OKC… and new brick and mortar location in The Farmers Market District.
- Theme Song: We hope you enjoyed the acoustic version of our NEW theme song. Check out the live version on this Youtube link. We’re considering listing the jam on iTunes. Think we should? Let us know!
- Join the iTunes Review Contest right here.
Friendly Reminder – Each and every one of us is a #walkingscienceproject. Please join us on the journey of carb counting while living the real life.