After a long hiatus, I’m back and doing my best to use new technology… I chose to kickoff this new wave of podcasts with a “hot topic“, insulin affordability and accessibility. The DOC (diabetes online community) has been harping on this for ages, but as the topic is now international news after a recent wave of “published” deaths due to insulin rationing, it was time to chat with the author of Insulin’s High Cost Leads To Lethal Rationing, Bram Sables-Smith.
BIO: Bram Sable-Smith is an independent health journalist based in Madison, Wisconsin. His work has appeared on NPR, Marketplace, Public Radio International and Kaiser Health News, among others. His reporting has been honored with two national Edward R. Murrow awards, two Sigma Delta Chi awards and health policy reporting award from the Association of Health Care Journalists.
If you’d like to support the show monetarily, here’s the DDG Paypal link:
- Love, like and share our social media links! Facebook, Twitter, YouTube & Instagram.
- Would you like to share your story? How do you live your creative, real life with the diabetes? Scope out what we look for in a guest post HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping. Save yourself some time and bookmark it…
- You can follow Bram on TWITTER (funky diabetic)
- Oh My God by A Tribe Called Quest, Phife Dawg
- Podcast 35: Everyone Deserves To Chase Their Dreams with Insulin4All co-founder, Elizabeth Rowley.
- The Work Around podcast
- Novo Nordisk, Cornerstones4Care
- Eli Lilly Discount Card
- Harold Hamm Diabetes Center
- Dexcom – Don’t forget to opt out at the airport.
- Shout out to Charlie Kimball.