My adventure to Arkansas, as one of the first Real Life Diabetes “taking the show on the road”, was a smashing success. This couple had me tearing up within the first hour and laughing out loud at the same time. They were welcoming, kind, a ton of fun and not scared to share very personal stories of living, as a couple, with Type 1 diabetes.
Our names are Erik and Teneka Williams. We are lucky enough to have found each other early in our lives and are junior high sweethearts! We have been together for 21 years and married for 14. We are polar opposites, while at the same time exactly alike. Erik was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 10. Through all of the years together, we have been through and learned a lot about this disease. It is something we live with, but doesn’t stop us from living.
Being outdoors is where we are happiest and feel the most at home. We spend a good amount of time on rivers doing multi-day kayaking trips. This gives us the opportunity to reset and take a break from everyday life. Kayaking, camping, backpacking, mountain biking and listening to live music brings joy to our lives.
We have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on working hard towards our ultimate dream to visit all of the U.S. National Parks while making new friends all along the way! We live the simple life and make the most of every day. We own two Airbnb properties and are the proud parents of two cats, Boss and Milton.
NOTES & LINKS:
- Erik’s grandfather, Bill Williams is 91 years old. His father, Wendell was diagnosed at age 19.
- Checkout – Bee’s Knees Airbnb
- May 15th, 2019 – Crystal Bowersox show at the Blue Door in OKC. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.
- May 23rd, 2019 – Real Life Diabetes Happy Hour at the 51st Street Speak Easy. This event is open to ALL people with diabetes, their family members and friends, age 21+.
- NW Arkansas River Excursions
- Connected In Motion
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at email@example.com.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Stay engaged by joining the private Real Life Diabetes Virtual Happy Hour Facebook group.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest