Traveling through multiple time zones with diabetes while being sedentary on the plane can be a lot to handle, but it didn’t keep Drew from his 12 month adventure across the globe. In this episode, he shares his mis-diagnosis, transitioning into life with T1D as a young adult, his love of circus acrobatics and lessons learned while traveling abroad. He is truly an inspiration to all people living with this disease and his laid back personality is warm and welcoming.
Drew lives in Denver, CO, where he is a marketer, gamer, traveler, and recreational acrobat. Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the age of nineteen, he never wanted to let diabetes control his life or stop him from doing anything. He has been practicing circus acrobatics since 2012, and recently spent 12 months traveling around the world, working as a digital nomad. You can usually find him doing a handstand, playing Dungeons & Dragons, or planning his next international adventure.
- Remote Year
- Rappi app – Food & Groceries by Grability, Inc.
- Diabetes Travel Hack: Put some of your supplies in a friend’s bag should your bag be overweight.
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at email@example.com.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Stay engaged by joining the private Real Life Diabetes Virtual Happy Hour Facebook group.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest