Last December, Anne came to the rescue, offering help during my insulin crisis while in San Antonio, Texas. She, like many people in the DOC (diabetes online community) stayed in contact with me while I resolved the problem. She is a leader in the diabetes community and her wealth of knowledge has helped so many T1Ds and their families.
Anne Imber is the mom to a 22-year-old son with Type 1 Diabetes. She created Type 1 To Go Teen, a program designed to assist families in the transition to adulthood with diabetes. In her T1ToGo Teen Talk, she provides insight on 504 Plans, standardized testing, extracurricular activities, ACT/SAT tests, driving, burnout, turning 18 and preparing for college.
She is also the Co-Founder of Cy Fair Type One Connection, a T1D school advocacy & support group for one of the largest school districts in Texas. She shares her school advocacy experience, T1D teen parenting & 504 expertise in her blogs and on her website at www.Type1ToGo.com . The website provides simplified tools for parents managing T1D students Kindergarten to College.
Anne and her family share their challenging journey through the teen years in her new book: Guided by Faith, not Fear: A Journey with a T1D Teen. Seeking to empower their teen son for independence, their family finds the positive teaching moments throughout the years of burnout in preparation for college.
- Facebook: Type 1 To Go
- Website: www.Type1ToGo.com
- Twitter: Anne Imber@T1ToGo
- Digital Book: Guided by Faith, not Fear: A Journey with a T1D Teen
- Type 1 To Go
- 504 Plan
- Kevin’s Law
- Beyond Type 1 DKA
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at email@example.com.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Stay engaged by joining the private Real Life Diabetes Virtual Happy Hour Facebook group.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest