It is always a pleasure to connect with fellow diabetes advocates, Rev Run and Justine Simmons. They radiate positive energy and had me laughing with their ability to call each out when it comes to healthy lifestyle choices. There is no doubt, their passion to rewrite their family history with Type 2 diabetes is contagious and the Simmons kids are teaching them a thing or two.
Unless you have lived under a rock for the past 20 years, you should know Rev Run (Run DMC) and the series of shows he and his family have been a part of. Their ability to be real and inspiring is one of the many reasons I adore them. As mentioned in this episode, they are ambassadors for the Ask.Screen.Know campaign and do a phenomenal job of sharing their story.
We are thrilled Cali’flour Foods chose to get involved! Do yourself a favor and check out all of the healthy goodies you can have delivered to your front door.
Tips/Words of Wisdom:
- Don’t eat to live, eat to live.
- Do your best and forget the rest.
- Do if for your loved ones.
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at [email protected].
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Stay engaged by joining the private Real Life Diabetes Virtual Happy Hour Facebook group.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest