After reading the Cali’flour Kitchen cookbook from cover to cover, I knew Amy Lacey would be the perfect guest to wrap up diabetes awareness month. Her desire to bring back dietary normalcy, especially her family’s pizza nights, after her auto immune diagnosis was the driving force behind Cali’flour Foods – the first cauliflower pizza crust. Her brand will bring pizza back into the lives of people like me, who live with Type 1 diabetes.
This episode was brought to you by InPen, America’s only FDA cleared Smart Insulin Pen + app system.
Amy Lacey, owner and founder of Cali’flour Foods, is a resilient leader in her many roles as entrepreneur, best-selling author, and autoimmune advocate. In 2010, Amy was diagnosed with Lupus, becoming one of 50 million+ people suffering from an autoimmune disease in the United States. No longer able to enjoy pizza night with her family, she set out to reimagine her favorite foods and created a no mess, no stress, cauliflower pizza crust to satisfy her cravings without sacrificing her health. Out of a mess, her message was born: healthy eating should taste as good as it makes you feel.
Since then, Amy’s Cali’flour pizza crusts were selected as Clean Eating Magazine’s “Coolest New Find of 2017 & 2018” and named one of “Whoopi’s Favorite Things” on The View, along with being featured in major publications like Eat This, Not That!; Delish; Popsugar; CNBC and Entrepreneur. Just recently, Amy was nominated for the 2019 WEGO Health Awards in 5 different categories, including the “Best in Show: Instagram,” “Patient Leader Hero” and “Advocating for Another” categories. Amy kicked off the new year by launching the National Best Selling Cookbook titled Cali’flour Kitchen: 125 cauliflower-based recipes for the carbs you crave. This is the first of many more amazing things to come in 2019!
- Instagram – Cali’flour Foods
- Instagram – Amy Lacey
- Facebook – Cali’flour Foods
- Facebook – Amy Lacey
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at email@example.com.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Stay engaged by joining the private Real Life Diabetes Virtual Happy Hour Facebook group.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest