After being rejected to join an insulin therapy clinical trial, I was determined to find someone who was able to participate. DDG’s newest team member, Cynthia Celt, connected the dots and hooked me up with Craig who shared his recent experience as a participant in a rather intense trial. Thank you Craig for temporarily donating your body to science to help fellow insulin dependent dia-peeps. Keep on trucking… jeeping you brave soul.
I was diagnosed with diabetes 9 years ago when I was 26. Managed by multiple daily injections up until last July when I got my first pump, which led me to getting a job with Tandem Diabetes in April 2020. When I’m not wrangling my diabetes I go out to the hills with my family in our Jeeps. My wife and I have his and hers Jeep Wranglers that we take our 2 kids out in. I also like doing DIY projects around the house and woodworking, Diabetes was a big life changer for me but I’ve learned things about myself, had opportunities, and made friends that I would not have found otherwise.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE:
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Stay engaged by joining the private Real Life Diabetes Virtual Happy Hour Facebook group.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest
Please note: We are not giving medical advice, but only sharing our story and management about life with diabetes. Please seek medical advice from your regular GP or endocrinologist before changing your diabetes regimen.