Sarah is a breath of fresh air. Her ability to be honest, vulnerable and willing to discuss all aspects of her T1D journey is the perfect combination to connect the diabetes online masses. In this first ever episode for the DDG, we discuss medicinal cannabis and what it has done for Sarah in addition to daily practices of yoga, meditation and online connectivity.
Don’t forget to use code DDG25 to receive a 25% discount on your first order of Godtliv products. Godtliv brings together the worlds of wellness and design to create products and experiences that engage the senses, ignite the spirit, and soothe the soul.
Sarah MacLeod has lived with Type 1 diabetes since 2005. During her teens and early twenties she struggled with depression, diabetes burnout, and disordered eating. After finding the diabetes online community, Sarah became more involved in the world of T1D by organizing her own in-person peer support group opportunity for women with diabetes. Her connection to other women living with diabetes inspired Sarah to seek out more wellness & community-based opportunities. Since recovering from diabulimia in 2011, and learning to live with diabetes-related complications such as gastroparesis, neuropathy, and retinopathy, Sarah has become a certified holistic health coach, yoga teacher, and reiki practitioner. She is also an astrologer and tarot card enthusiast. Sarah enjoys empowering other people who live with diabetes, especially women, and helps others explore their own holistic health and highest self through her platform, Grace & Growth, which places an emphasis on spiritual wellness for women with type 1.
WATCH ON YOUTUBE:
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Stay engaged by joining the private Real Life Diabetes Virtual Happy Hour Facebook group.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest
Please note: We are not giving medical advice, but only sharing our story and management about life with diabetes. Please seek medical advice from your regular GP or endocrinologist before changing your diabetes regimen.