You don’t have to hide, let’s have the tough talks. In this episode you’ll learn why this is so important with guests Matt Tarro & Brandon Denson the Founders of Bolus Maximus. Matt and Brandon have created this community with a focus on filling a major void in the male community, the need for vulnerable connections for men dealing with diabetes. Both diagnosed at later ages, they know first hand how diabetes can get in the way of your goals and plans. Now they are on a passionate mission to help those grinding through this disease. Let’s jump right into their stories and start talking about some hard truths and good advice.
Brandon fights for what he wants. Diagnosed with type 1 diabetes as a high school senior, his dream to play football was challenged when he didn’t receive any offers to play college football. He then joined the Michigan State football team as a walk-on freshman, and earned a full scholarship to play linebacker for the next three years. Brandon receives his diabetes care at the UMass Memorial Diabetes Center of Excellence, from Dr. Nina Rosano.
Matt learned simultaneously, as a sophomore in high school, that he had a Hernia, T1 Diabetes, and had to start taking medicine for ADHD. He went to college as a fresh new diabetic on sleep-depriving mental stimulants and came out totally hooked on a lifestyle unfit for a person with T1D. Through hard work, diet, and exercise he’s been able to steer himself in the right direction. Matt is an artist, photographer, filmographer, and musician.
- Tune into the Bolus Maximus Podcast, check out their Instagram @bolus.maximus, YouTube @Bolus Maximus! and Facebook @BolusMax
- Go to Beyond Type 1 to read an article by Matt Tarro
- Bolus Maximus meets every Sunday at 3 PM PST, 6 PM EST, 11 PM UK
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at email@example.com.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest