With a little friendly stalking I had the pleasure of chatting with two incredibly inspirational industry leaders, and self proclaimed friendemies, Sean Saint and John Sjolund. Their drive to succeed and multiple success stories mirror my mission to help improve quality of life for all people living with diabetes. They are entertaining to say the least and had me laughing throughout the interview while giving me hope for the future of diabetes management.
Sean Saint, CEO of Companion Medical, is an entrepreneur, executive, and engineer with a proven track record of efficient, innovative product development with the belief that it is better to move than to stand still. John was an R&D Director for a leading diabetes medical device company when he was diagnosed with T1D in 2011 at the age of 31. Now he is committed to creating tools, software, and devices for people living with diabetes that improve outcomes, reduce disruption and increase freedom. To quote John, “It is always possible to move faster if we understand the challenges we seek to solve and ask the right questions, the optimal path forward is often clear. It is this philosophy that drives our team to create best-in-class solutions, quickly.”
John Sjolund, originally from Sweden, leads and develops companies to make products that customers love by working with big visions, strategy, and operational excellence. Medical devices and digital health is his primary interest to make the lives of millions safer, healthier, and more balanced – using big data to help enable better decisions. John was diagnosed with T1D at the age of 4, but now he thrives in business and creates success through excellence.
He started the company called Timesulin, sold it, and now is currently serving as SVP, Product Strategy at Biolinq – and racing dirt bikes in the desert of San Diego and Northern Baja Mexico along with Sean.
- Companion Medical
- BigFoot Biomedical
- Connect with Sean on LinkedIn
- Connect with John on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at email@example.com.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest
PLEASE NOTE: We are not giving medical advice, but only sharing our story about managing life with diabetes. Please seek medical advice from your regular GP or endocrinologist before changing your diabetes regimen.