Dr. Allyson Hughes is a self-proclaimed animal lover, methodology geek and research scientist who collaborates with various industries to develop research projects from beginning to end, and advocates for health policy with the data she collects. Having been diagnosed with T1D herself, she knows all too well the struggles we face. This is what prompted her career path as a health psychologist dedicated to improving the lives of people living with diabetes.
This episode was brought to you by MyDiabetes.diet, a personalized management and weight loss plan created specifically for people struggling with diabetes related issues. Their team of qualified nutritionists created these plans to help you improve your overall health, lose weight and manage your diabetes. They believe every person deserves to live their best life possible without feeling too restricted or forced to eat foods they don’t like.
USE THIS LINK to learn more and get a 75% discount on your 6 month plan.
Dr. Allyson Hughes is a health psychologist who was diagnosed at the age of 7 in rural Ohio. While completing her doctorate, she joined the T1D Exchange Boston. As a scientist, she collaborates with industry partners and pharmaceutical companies to develop research to help people with type 1 diabetes and their family members. She advocates for health policy with data she collects. She is a self-proclaimed animal lover, methodology geek, and chronic disease and disability advocate.
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at [email protected].
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest