Manny Hernandez is a published author, recognized diabetes advocate, and speaker on the power of community for social impact who reminds us, while we are not on this journey by choice, it’s not a path we need to take alone. What better way to wrap up 2020 than with a brave soul who transformed his professional career to connect with others who understand similar challenges.
This episode was brought to you by MyDiabetes.diet, a personalized management and weight loss plan created specifically for people struggling with diabetes related issues. Their team of qualified nutritionists created these plans to help you improve your overall health, lose weight and manage your diabetes. They believe every person deserves to live their best life possible without feeling too restricted or forced to eat foods they don’t like.
USE THIS LINK to learn more and get a 75% discount on your 6 month plan.
A health advocate who has lived with diabetes since 2002, Manny co-founded and ran the Diabetes Hands Foundation through 2015. In May 2015, he joined Livongo, where he helped grow the company from 50 to 600+ employees. He was Product Manager for the first ever Glucose Meter with Over-the-Air capabilities; he created a Direct-To-Consumer channel for Livongo for Diabetes; and he built the company’s Learning & Development and Workplace functions from scratch, and led Diversity & Inclusion, Recognition, and Volunteering initiatives. Since April 2020, Manny has been VP of People and Culture at Tidepool.org.
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest