Finally, the most welcoming force in all of the Diabetes Online Community joined the show: Scott Johnson. If you’ve ever composed an article about diabetes, odds are, Scott has given you praise. As one of the founding members of the diabetes blogging world, Scott has watched the DOC bloom into a world that hosts 1000s of posts per year, and he couldn’t be more proud. He’s honest, approachable, and has done a lot of diabetes introspection over the years. Amber labeled him the “most huggable” person of the DOC. You’ll soon understand after listening.
Scott Johnson is an experienced patient advocate who has worked with a wide range of stakeholders across the healthcare environment to help them establish effective communication with the patient community. His expertise in the diabetes social media space is recognized worldwide. Today he is the Patient Success Manager, US for mySugr.com (all opinions are expressed are his own and do not necessarily represent the position of his employer) and continues to run his award-winning blog “Scott’s Diabetes” as time allows.
Scott is also a member of the Children with Diabetes faculty where he develops educational curriculums and content for the Friends of Life annual conference and regional events. He served on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for the Diabetes Hands Foundation and was a founding member of Partnering for Diabetes Change, a coalition of people living with diabetes and industry representatives working to support culturally diverse and underserved communities. He is interested in how these types of interactions including peer-to-peer support, impact patient outcomes and routinely presents his work.
- Please support the advocacy efforts and future podcasts by making a donation.
- The Affiliate Page is live!!
- If you would like to join this list of reputable brands, contact Penelope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Just the Facts Please podcast series will soon launch featuring industry leaders and experts in the medical field. Please contact Penelope if you’re interested in learning more.
- Stay engaged by joining the private Real Life Diabetes Virtual Happy Hour Facebook group.
- Leave an iTunes review
- Sign up for the Diabetes Daily Grind Newsletter
- Stay Engaged: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, & Pinterest
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping.
NOTES & LINKS:
- Antidote, a clinical trials search that brings custom fit trials to you
- Twitter: @scottkjohnson
- Facebook: ScottsDiabetes