Hello October!!! Football, pumpkin spice candles, colorful foliage and gourds adorning porches make me giddy. The cooler weather also fuels my culinary fire so I thought it was time to add to the Feed Your Kale Addiction list of recipes. I hit the super highway and found a recipe for spaghetti squash pesto with kale. It sparked my interest and had everything in the fridge. Yay me!
- 1 ½ cups kale, leaves chopped & stems removed
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise & seeded
I’m always on the hunt for new recipes and happened to stumble upon one that sparked my interest while in Vermont – Cauliflower, Caramelized Onion and Kale Lasagna. As the cooler weather sets in, what better way to welcome the fall than with a spin on the traditional lasagna. DON’T be scared to try new things…kale & cauliflower won’t kill you.
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- 2 cups Whipped Cauliflower
The DDG does a fabulous job of documenting our favorite recipes and random food concoctions. In honor of the Sixth Annual Diabetes Blog Week, I want to highlight a few recipes that keep my healthy eating habits in check. As a T1D, my week begins with a mental check list:
- Grocery shopping – I’ve admitted in a few posts how I feel like a grocery shopping nazi because I frequent at LEAST three stores a week.
- Meal Planning – What am I craving and won’t mind eating a few times?
- Make A List – Put your cravings on paper after checking your cabinets for ingredients.
- Food Prep – Prioritize your weekly game plan and schedule time to prep food.
Whew. It sounds like a lot, but these four steps help me to prepare and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. Below are a few of my favorites – I hope they get your wheels turning and your mouth watering.
Breakfast: Blue Corn Breakfast Taco
- I haven’t written a recipe for this finger-licking breakfast, but it’s super simple. Scrambled eggs, black beans, avocado, salsa and fresh cilantro. YUM! This recipe was a winner on Mother’s Day.