What started as a mini pod quickly blossomed into a full blown podcast once Amber began diving into the nitty gritty as to how Tara Layman (T1D Exposed co-founder) scored a new pancreas and kidney. The question of the hour – Will two pancreases and three kidneys reverse her Type 1 diabetes diagnosis? Well, in this episode they chat openly about the pre surgery process, switching from insulin shots to a handful of pills, how important it is to have a support team and what the future holds for someone who no longer “technically” has Type 1 diabetes.
- Transplant Net – A service that provides an outlet for donor’s families to connect with the organ recipient.
- We know what you’re thinking, how big is the incision?
- 13 inches long
- We’re sad to report the T1D Exposed calendar will be put on hold… Everyone start working out now, because 2017 will be off the charts.
- Tara would love to hear from PWDs who have dealt with kidney problems and/or T1D. Feel free to shoot her an email, taralayman@gmail(dot)com.
- As promised, Tara sends Amber images of her flat line/meter reading of 100.