What started as a mini pod quickly blossomed into a full blown podcast once Amber began diving into the nitty gritty as to how Tara Layman (T1D Exposed co-founder) scored a new pancreas and kidney. The question of the hour – Will two pancreases and three kidneys reverse her Type 1 diabetes diagnosis? Well, in this episode they chat openly about the pre surgery process, switching from insulin shots to a handful of pills, how important it is to have a support team and what the future holds for someone who no longer “technically” has Type 1 diabetes.
- Do you or someone you know have diabetes? Would you like to share your story? We want to hear how you’ve lived your real life with the disease! Scope out what we look for in a guest blog HERE!
- Amazon is kind enough to throw a little change our way whenever you click on this banner before shopping for all of your back to school purchases.
- Get in touch with T1D Exposed on Twitter, Instagram, or their website.
- Amber shares a post, Diabetes Retinopathy Is Officially On The Radar, after a scary visit to the eye doctor.
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- UCSF – leading centers for kidney transplants
- YAY – Tara’s father was a perfect match!
- Mark Your Calendars: June 28th is Tara’s Diaversary!
- Transplant Net – A service that provides an outlet for donor’s families to connect with the organ recipient.
- We know what you’re thinking, how big is the incision?
- 13 inches long
- Now that Tara’s on a diabetes sabbatical, she has plenty of supplies to share with folks. Hit her up if you need Tandum Pump Supplies.
- Kudos to Tara’s Support Team!
Tara with her mother.
Tara with T1D Exposed Co-Founder, Kat.
- Hey Grinders – We want your input. What would you call someone who received a transplant/diabetes reversal? Please drop us a comment if you come up with something clever.
- We’re sad to report the T1D Exposed calendar will be put on hold… Everyone start working out now, because 2017 will be off the charts.
- Tara would love to hear from PWDs who have dealt with kidney problems and/or T1D. Feel free to shoot her an email, taralayman@gmail(dot)com.
- As promised, Tara sends Amber images of her flat line/meter reading of 100.
- Theme Song: We hope you enjoyed the acoustic version of our NEW theme song. Check out the live version on this Youtube link. We’re considering listing the jam on iTunes. Think we should? Let us know!
- Join the iTunes Review Contest right here.
We’re starting a revolution... On the 14th of every month, we ask PWDs to change their lancet. Yep, we know you can’t recall the last time you put in a new one so we’re banning together to make it happen. We dig hearing from you so post a picture using, #liberatethelancet and tag us in it. You’ll be cooler if you do.
Friendly Reminder – Each and every one of us is a #walkingscienceproject. Please join us on the journey of carb counting while living the real life.